MOST POPULAR LANDSCAPES

I love interpreting the seasons within our landscapes.
Autumn is my very favourite.

So many warm colours: rusty, warm yellows.
There is also the challenge to convey the atmosphere of a time of year when
Summer has left us but there is so much to enjoy with the harvest time celebrations.


Autumn on the Marsh
Executed on Arches paper
It is a corner right in the Marsh near Hythe.
I think it is the perfect feel of Autumn.


"Autumn on the Canal West Hythe"
My own interpretation of the place.
I wanted to play with the rusty colours, give a feeling of
late autumn beauty, serinity.
Executed on Saunders Waterford paper.


"Frogholt"

One of my very favourite!
On Arches paper.
Frogholt is a hamlet near Folkestone in Kent, England, on the banks of the Seabrook stream. There are eight houses in Frogholt. The hamlet is part of a conservation area and lies very close to the larger villages of Newington and Peene (Wikipedia)


Photo of the house arriving from the other side of the road.

Now called Old Kent Cottage, was probably built in the 15th century.
It is reputed to be the oldest thatched cottage in Kent.


"Sweet England"
I have found this subject while visiting Charing in Kent.
I loved so much the tender colours of early Spring with the typical
 Kentish wooden boarding walls of the house.
On the left there is still the reminiscence of late Winter with more rusty colours left in the trees.




*





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

INVOLVED WITH THIS WONDERFUL SHOW IN UK

…… FIND OUT MORE … ………

Popular posts